This is really one of my favorite Italian style quick easy chicken recipes. It originates from the Veneto region of Italy and is 100% authentic.
The recipe is not one of mine but was sent to me by a site visitor by the name of Carla. According to Carla this recipe has been a firm favorite of her Italian-American family for years.
were originally from the Veneto and although it is many years since
they have been back all they need to do is bring the family around the
table for a traditional dinner and hey presto...they are right back in
1 small carrot
10 baby tomatoes
100 g. passata di pomodoro (tomato puree),
1 large bay leaf,
1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
a sprig of rosemary,
1 glass of a dry white wine,
Salt and pepper to taste,
50 g. butter,
4 tablespoons of olive oil.
1) Cut the chicken into pieces and slice the onion finely.
2) Heat the butter and oil in a pan that is big enough to fit all the ingredients comfortably.
3) Add the onions, rosemary and the chicken.
4) Cook the chicken on high heat and add the salt and pepper and carrots.
5) Add the white wine and cook until it has all evaporated.
6) Add the tomato and tomato sauce, the bay leaf, the cinnamon, zucchini, cloves and one ladle of chicken broth.
Cook for another 40 minutes on a low heat, turning the chicken
occasionally and adding broth when needed. Basically add the broth whenever the dish seems
to be drying out a little.
Our tip: Serve with a good hearty polenta and enjoy the rest of the wine with the meal. Perhaps even open another bottle – Pinot Grigio is a good choice.
I hope you enjoy the result as much as I always do.