Great Sardine Recipes
Sarde in Saor
Need a recipe for sardines? Want the BEST? These are to die for. If you don't believe me, I dare you to try the recipe.
mamma and her mamma and on and on have been making it like this for
centuries. It can't be made better. It has past the test of time.
List of Ingredients
• 1 cup of flour.
• 60 gram of sultanas.
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
• Teaspoon of coriander seeds.
• A glass of white wine – I always use Pinot Grigio.
• 4 tablespoons of white vinegar.
• Salt to taste although add very little as the sardines are naturally salty – I just add a pinch.
• 600 grams of sardines.
• 50 grams of pine nuts.
• Vegetable oil for frying the sardines.
• 2 White onions.
• 2 cloves.
• A little pepper to taste.
• Clean the sardines and dust them in the flour.
• Open the wine and have a glass to prepare you for the work ahead.
• Soak the sultanas in the white wine.
• Put enough oil in the frying pan to cover the sardines when they go in and heat the oil until very hot.
Add the sardines, fry quickly turning once a cook until golden brown
and then remove draining the excess oil and adding a touch of salt.
Cut the onion up into very fine pieces and add to the olive oil until
they begin to absorb the color of the oil then add vinegar, pepper,
coriander and cloves.
• In a separate pot (not the one you cooked
the sardines in) cook the vinegar/olive oil/onion marinade on boiling
for two or three minutes.
• Place a layer of sardines on a dish
add a little of the onions from the marinade and then a few sultanas and
pine nuts. Keep adding layers until the ingredients are finished. The
last layer must be onions and pour any remaining marinade over this.
• Cover and place in the warmest part of the refrigerator overnight to allow the marinade to be absorbed.
I hope you enjoy the recipe.
If you are looking for more great recipes from Venice Italy and anywhere else in Italy please give our search engine below a try.
You'll Enjoy These...
I have spent ages searching for the best Italian cookbook translated into or written in English. Let me share the results of all those long hours of research - the four best Italian recipe books.
Been to the Italian seaside? The way to bring those memories flooding back is with nonna's spaghetti and clams
The Veneto Restaurants Guide selects some of our favourite restaurants in this region of Italy. The Irma Restaurant is one of the best for hearty Italian country dishes in a stunning location.
Can't get to Italy? Then bring a little Italy to wherever you are in this great big wonderful world with our Aperol spritz recipe: it turns anywhere into Italy!
Countless variants and recipes for Gnocchi exist. Every Italian granny has her own particular special touch that makes her gnocchi recipe the best in Italy.
Visiting Venice? Want to explore a little of the wonderful Veneto region in which Venice is located? Then our Veneto & Venice Itinerary is just what you need.
Gallina Ubriaca otherwise known as drunk hen is one of my all time best Italian recipes for chicken or hen. It is from the Veneto region of Italy. Try it here.
My mamma makes the BEST Italian meatballs recipe. Yes, the BEST. They are to die for and if you don't believe me, cook up a pot of them yourself. I dare you...
I love this Risotto Recipe. It was given to me by internationally acclaimed chef Viviane Bauquet Farre.
I am Italian and here is the way I have always made lasagna. It is the way my mother taught me and this homemade lasagna recipe is something my family really love.
Need a tiramisu recipe? You won't find any better than this one - it is 100% authentic Italian.
Spaghetti Bolognese does not exist in Italy; however, the real Italian version is far more delicious... and we have the recipe just for you.
These Veneto & Venice restaurants don’t cater for the tourist trade but to locals and you won’t find many of these restaurants in any guide book.
The best of all the luxury hotels in Venice Italy? Read my insider’s guide and discover the answer. ...
This polenta recipe is one hundred percent traditional. It is the way my granny has made it for decades. You'll love it!
Looking for a good restaurant near Garda? Then you need look no further than theTre Camini. Housed in a 16th century farmhouse near the foot of Mount Baldo.
It took me years to get my aunt Rosalinda to share her authentic Sicilian cannoli recipe but... at last... I can let you in on the secret.
I make this spaghetti recipe and I'm on the Amalfi Coast. I can feel that gentle breeze in the air, fragrant with the scent of the sea, jasmine and lemons.
A restaurant I can highly recommend in Venice, if you want genuine local food, is the Trattoria alla Vedova. My review explains why.
Looking for a good restaurant in Vicenza? This is one of the ones my family and I always love.
Discover the perfect Italian recipe for you with our quiz. There's a dish made in heaven for you!
A marvelous restaurant, no other restaurant in our Veneto and Venice Restaurant Guide can beat the Ristorante da Riccardo – Absolutely superb dining.
We have an abundance of quick easy chicken recipes and other great Italian recipes on the site. All are authentic, easy to make and delicious of course!
The Lake Garda Restaurant Guide features the best restaurants around Lake Garda. One of our personal favourite restaurants is the Vecchia Malcesine.
A lovely and simple asparagus recipe from the Veneto and Venice region. For this, and other amazing Italian recipes, visit our blog now.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda both help you to book accommodation in advance and check availability on the days of your travels
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get Insured with TravelInsurance.com
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.