An Italian Asparagus Recipe
This asparagus recipe is very simple. It is very common in Veneto and makes a perfect starter course.
The cheese is really important with this dish, if you don’t use
the right cheese it changes the recipe completely and the end result is
nowhere near as delicious.
I of course have the added problem that if
the cheese isn't right I am going to have a complaining husband ... boy
can he go on!
A bunch of fresh green asparagus.
100 gr, of grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano cheese.
50 gr, butter.
A dash of salt and pepper.
half a litre of milk.
150 gr of bread crumbs
• Clean the asparagus and remove the heads from them.
• Boil the asparagus in salted water, drain and allow them to cool.
• Line an oven dish with butter.
• Beat the eggs and add salt, pepper, milk and the bread crumbs.
• Spread some of the egg mix on the base of the oven dish and place the asparagus into the dish.
• Cover the asparagus with the egg mix and sprinkle with cheese.
• Cook in the oven at 160°C for 30 minutes
If you are looking for a particular recipe from Venice
Italy, the Veneto or anywhere else in Italy please feel free to contact
us below. If we have something we will send it to you for free.
Maria & Andrew
Looking for more Italian recipes? We have lots and lots of really tasty ones on this site and on our other
The best way to find them is to use our site search engine below.
Italian Asparagus Recipe
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site and Facebook page I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) with the search box below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
I promise you'll get the best deal on accommodation available and the income we receive from HotelsCombined helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly; that way we can share only those we genuinely love.
San Giorgio Maggiore is one of the loveliest Venice tourist attractions. Looking across from San Marco the island of San Giorgio is a splendid sight indeed.
How much longer will they allow cruise ships into Venice? This week, during a huge storm, they allowed the Costa Deliziosa to sail. It nearly led to a tragedy. Watch the video to see how close it came…
In every town here in Calabria that I have seen, there is a Monumento ai Caduti. A monument to the fallen, their young men who gave their live-in two world wars.
Come summer I can only take so much history before I need a beach. That's what the Venice Italy Beach Guide is all about. Discovering the best beaches near Venice.
Veneto Italy is full of secrets, a place of great natural beauty, ancient medieval villages and two of the greatest cities on earth. Discover one of Italy's most beautiful regions...
- Do you LOVE Italian food? If you do click the like button above.