Italians DO NOT do these things
There are some things Italians absolutely DO NOT do. In fact, some things YOU do Italians see as life threatening.
Okay, so what are these things?
Well, before I get onto the list I'd like to mention a few FALSE myths, myths that need to be dispelled:
- Italians don't wash their hands or shower regularly: this is absolute nonsense.
- Italians don't wear masks during a pandemic: False too, Italians didn't have much of an issue with wearing masks - they often wear them during carnival anyway. Their medical experts said they helped... so they wore them - end of story.
- Italians are rude: Untrue, the Italian language still has formal and informal forms of address and Italians are very concerned with not offending others. Of course, like in any country, you get some rude individuals.
The List: 9 Things Italians Don't Do
- Cheese on seafood doesn't work for Italians
- Sitting in a draft is something to avoid at all cost, especially when eating. It can have severe consequences for ones digestion.
- Never swim straight after eating.
- Going out with wet hair. This is something my Anglo husband did before we married, my family were horrified. Couldn't understand how he had survived so long. He still hasn't learned yet, but is getting better. The horrified looks he gets on the street, each time he forgets, helps keep him in line.
- Eating spaghetti out of a tin - another sin my husband frequently committed before we married. Nobody at his work in Turin would even believe him when he told them it existed... until he brought a tin to work. The shock, the pain on their faces. The tin was sent to the Italian museum of unspeakable horrors.
- Do you enjoy a cappuccino with your dinner? Well, Italians don't and would be horrified to learn that people actually drink cappuccino with dinner. Cappuccino is drunk in the morning - maybe with a pastry, croissant, biscuit. That's it.
What are the other 3 things Italians never do? Watch the video up top to find out.
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) with the search box below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
I promise you'll get the best deal on accommodation available and the income we receive from HotelsCombined helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly; that way we can share only those we genuinely love.