My Authentic Italian Cookies Recipe
A really simple and 100% authentic Italian cookies recipe that only takes around thirty minutes to prepare, this
recipe is much loved in the Veneto but it is also common elsewhere in
These "Venice cookies" offer a wonderful balance of flavors, with the citrusy tang of orange juice complementing the richness of butter and the subtle sweetness of sugar.
Whether enjoyed alongside a cup of coffee or shared with loved ones during special occasions, these Veneto-inspired cookies are sure to impress your friends and family.
List of Ingredients
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
3 3/4 cups of flour
2 tbsp. of baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the orange juice, and
- Add in the butter and beat it all together well then add in
the salt, the flour and the baking powder, mix it all together with a
wooden spoon (it is very important that it is wooden).
- Stir in the vanilla
extract and then the chopped almonds.
- Shape the dough into two
separate rectangles and place them on a well greased cookie sheet.
in the oven at 350 degrees F until they begin to turn golden (it should take about 15
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool.
- Cut the cookies into 1/2 inch thick pieces and then cook them again at 450 degrees F but only for as long as it takes for them to turn a golden brown.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com