Wondering what to do in Amalfi and on the Amalfi Coast? We've the very best tours, towns, itineraries, moments and magic of the Amalfi Coast all in one place.
To start, visit our Amalfi Coast Guide and then drop by our hotel guide, you'll find them both jam-packed full of absolutely incredible options. After that you can plan the rest of you Italian itinerary here.
Meanwhile, why not watch the video and experience the enchantment of the Amalfi coast. All the places in the video are featured in our guide.
1) Visit Amalfi and arrive by boat, the ferries leave from all the towns on the Amalfi Coast, plus Sorrento and Salerno, and are inexpensive. Sailing into Amalfi is a moment you will treasure for a lifetime. Amalfi itself is lovely too, with a beautiful cathedral that looks out across a cute little piazza filled with restaurant tables and the oranges and lemons that this town and this coast are famous for. It isn't just the piazza and Cathedral though, there is much to see and do in Amalfi: our guide has more.
2) Positano is legendary and the same applies as for Amalfi about arriving by boat - the view is spectacular. Once you step off the boat the rest of the day follows along in the same spectacular way. Positano is an enchanting jumble of lemon, peach and apricot hued cottages cascading down the hillside to a crystal blue Italian sea. Spending time here is something you'll always remember fondly. Here's all you need to know.
3) If it is a special occasion then consider staying at the Hotel Santa Caterina - watch this video to see just how special it is. Staying here is expensive, but you feel you too have become a part of the history of Amalfi once you've spent time at the Hotel Santa Caterina.
4) Don't miss Ravello; you can easily reach Ravello by bus from Amalfi. I absolutely love Ravello. I dream often of living here, but, sadly, the cost of real estate in Ravello is way beyond my means. Stand on the terrace at the Villa Rufolo, gaze out at the splendid coast stretching away below, and you may well feel the same. Drop by our Ravello guide for all the essential info.
5) Enjoy walking? Then there are two walks I love: the first is the Path of the Gods and the second is the walk from Ravello down to Minori.
6) Visit the beach at Furore. It's setting, nestled down a tiny fjord with a medieval village behind it, is indescribable.
7) Drive, if you have strong nerves, all the way along the Amalfi Coast. It is one of the world's greatest coastal drives. If you don't fancy driving yourself there are many excellent tours. This is one we recommend.
8) Sign up for a Secret Italy and let us share a few secret places with you in and around the Amalfi Coast.
9) Take a day trip to the island of Capri or, if you have the time, stay a few nights on the island. Staying the night is a good idea, as the island is a lot lovelier once all the daytrippers have gone. If you can't stay overnight, then make sure you get to the island as early as possible, as after 10 a.m. things get very crowded in the months of June, July, and August.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.