I make them very similar
(Iron River Michigan)
My Grandmother come from Tyrol and she made hers the same about as you except we use grated raw potatoes and mix all the ingredients in a bowl after draining all the starch water out of the potatoes in a fine screen strainer pushing down on them to get the water out.
Then we take a teaspoon and dip it into the mixture and fill the boiling pot with them. We boil them for about 15 minutes or to a persons liking of how tender or chewy a person likes them.
Maria's reply: Thank you for sharing the way you make your gnocchi. It is very similar to my way but I guess I am only a very short distance from the Tyrol and many of the dishes in the mountains in the north of the Veneto region are almost exactly the same as those in the Tyrol.
I have a dream of trying to put down in writing on the website many of the older recipes that my mother taught me, most of which she learned from her grandmother.
Not only my mother's recipes though, I am so delighted when people share recipes from their mother, grandmother and even great grandmother. I am always happy to publish them too. It is so sad when a person passes away and all their knowledge is lost forever.
In fact, I actually prefer not just the recipe but a little about the person too - it is one tiny way to keep the memories of that person alive and it helps others to understand how unique, how special a person was.
I always hope that whenever anyone cooks the recipe they maybe spend a minute to remember the person who shared it and maybe say a little prayer for them before eating.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Italian Recipe.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com