Best Italian Recipe On Earth
by Richard Marchi
I've made gnocchi using a very similar recipe for years. The one thing I do that is different is that I cut and peel the potatoes before boiling and then dry them on a sheet pan in a warm oven to get rid of the excess water.
The traditional method eliminates excess water by boiling with the skins on, but that requires peeling while the potatoes are still hot and difficult to handle. Otherwise, my recipe is identical to your Nonnas.
Maria's reply: I have a secret to share... please don't tell anyone... I sometimes peel the potatoes before boiling too.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Italian Recipe.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com