Where to eat in Venice
Bistrot de Venise
If you are looking for a very special high-end meal whilst in Venice, I recommend this ultra-classy restaurant.
Smack bang in the centre of Venice, we ate outside here at the beginning of July, and while a little warm the way they transformed 'just another little Venetian alley' into a candle-lit, classical music kind of atmosphere was just magical.
The food, which includes a lot of seafood, is superb. My wife who is Italian said the squid linguine was the best she has eaten.
What's equally great is that Bistrot de Venise is really more than just a restaurant - the owners are real food historians, focusing on the Venice region. They do many related events and seminars on this topic throughout the year, so they really know their stuff. In short, you can if you like be sure of choosing a dish that you simply cannot eat anywhere else.
Did I mention our maitre'd? Afraid his name escapes me, but he was simply wonderful. Jolly, completely knowledgeable, and speaking a bit of every language he was presented with... which due to the international eaters around us was quite a few!
It ain't a cheap meal that's for sure, but I'm sure this place would be a foodie highlight of anyone's trip.
PS: And don't even get me started on the wine list... it's a gem of a collection.
Maria's reply: I haven't eaten here so I can't give it my recommendation yet but I will certainly try it next time I am in Venice. I have a thing about restaurants overcharging in Venice so I really hope it isn't one of those :-)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share A Great Meal With Us .
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions of the city in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda both help you to book accommodation in advance and check availability on the days of your travels
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway