Venice at Christmas Time
Venice at Christmas Time
You have convinced us Maria - we are heading out to Venice for Christmas this year.
I have looked through the list of hotels you have - these ones here - I do like the look of the Hotel Abbazia but I wanted to ask you if you were to make a choice between this hotel and the Opera Hotel which would you select?
I have had a look through the list of restaurants but is there somewhere good that you know for sure will be open at Christmas time.
Maria's reply: Wow! I feel so happy that you have taken my advice. I just know you'll have a wonderful time.
I am amazed that so few people consider visiting Venice, or even Italy for that matter, during the Christmas period. Everyone should spend at least one Christmas in Italy. To anyone reading this add an Italian trip, at Christmas time, to your bucket list.
About your question on which of the two hotels is the better one. I would say the Abbazia has much more character, but the Opera is the better run hotel with better service, and it is in a more central location. I would go for the Opera Hotel, but it is really up to you.
One restaurant that is always open over Christmas and always has a special Christmas menu is the Ristorante Do Leoni - the restaurant is on the Riva degli Schiavoni, in the Londra Palace Hotel, and the phone number is 0415200533
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Christmas in Italy.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com