The Best Hotel in Italy?
by A Farmer
San Clemente Venice
The San Clemente Palace Hotel is my choice. I live part of the year in Italy, mostly around the lakes and in Milan but I travel a lot to Venice for work and pleasure and I can promise you one hotel in Venice is exceptional and so unlike anything the other Venice luxury hotels can offer. The San Clemente Palace Hotel is the place, every stunning aspect of Venice is here and the enormous park gardens are so different to anything other hotels can offer.
I would not be exaggerating if I rated this the best hotel in Italy. I have traveled pretty much everywhere and I kid you not this is one of the best hotels in the world, I absolutely love the quite calm of the hotel, retreating back here after a hectic day in Venice is so so relaxing. Do yourself a favor next time you are in Venice and visit.
Maria's reply: I agree, staying at the San Clemente is an experience like no other.
For those who don't know about the hotel it is on its own island across from Venice and is luxurious and expensive in equal measure. There are courtesy boats that make the trip over to Venice every thirty minutes.
The thing that always amazes me, which you have mentioned, is the sense of peace and tranquility one feels upon arriving; it is such a contrast from the hustle and bustle of Venice. I suppose being an old monastery you'd expect that. Personally I prefer to stay in Venice but if you can afford it I would definitely suggest a night at least here just for the experience.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Luxury Venice Hotel Reviews.
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda both help you to book accommodation in advance and check availability on the days of your travels
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get Insured with TravelInsurance.com