Italy is Great because...
by Caitlin Dunigan
The best place to eat in Italy photo
The Great Food makes Italy special because it's yummy and people in Italy make it better than others that are not Italian.
Maria's reply: I agree with you. The food has to be right up there near the top of the list of reasons why Italy is special.
In Italy though you never eat the best food in a restaurant. If someone tells me to go eat at a restaurant because it has Michelin stars I make a point of avoiding it.
Let me share a little secret... the best food you'll ever eat is at other people's home's and the best chefs are ladies like my Mamma in the photo above.
At home the food is prepared with a love and a passion no restaurant will ever beat. The enjoyment these cooks get out of watching their families enjoy a great meal is out of this world.
The other photo at the top of the page is a photo taken at a typical lunch at my friend Martina's house.
Martina has actually written an article that describes the warmth of these genuine people and how food plays such an important part in the fabric of life. Her family is from Sardinia but what she writes applies to so much of Italy.
For Martina's article and some great photos click here. I particularly love the photo of Martina's mamma and her aunt preparing the panada in the kitchen. Isn't that just so typically Italian!
One last thing, I agree that the food is an important part of what it is that makes Italy so special however it is only a part of it. There are a thousand things about Italy that can never be found anywhere else.
Many many things about Italy can stir the emotions and set me crying. Italian music is one other example that seems to capture the passion of Italy.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Why Italy is Special?.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com