Italian House Insurance
I have a house in Italy and another house in Spain and I can tell you house insurance in both countries was a complete and utter nightmare and very difficult to figure out.
Of the two though I found it easier to insure in Spain - Italian House Insurance companies were a complicated bunch to work with and the procedure was very convoluted indeed, which you mention in your article (see link Bought a House in Italy at foot of page).
I speak a little Italian which helped but if you speak no Italian at all you are in for a nightmare. In the end even with my limited Italian it was too much for me and I gave up.
In fact at present I have the place in Spain insured with a local Insurance company but not in Italy. We have left the Italian house uninsured which is not the cleverest thing to do I know but I am going to take your advice and contact a UK insurance company. I will let you know how I get on!!!
P.S. What do you think of this new IMU tax on Italian property?
Maria's Reply: I sympathise with you, it can be difficult. Please let me know how you get on with insuring your house in Italy with a UK insurance company - I am sure you will find it easier.
Regarding the new IMU tax; I, like most others, am not too impressed. It seems governments in Europe are scratching, scrapping and even stealing to get the money they need to pay of the huge debts they have accumulated over the years. It would be nice to see the politicians themselves making some huge sacrifice too but I suppose it is more likely that pigs will fly first.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Bought a House in Italy?.
Please Book with Us... Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda help you to book accommodation in advance
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get peace of mind when traveling. Get insured with VisitorsCoverage.com