Spaghetti Bolognaise Rolls
(Donvale, Melbourne, Australia)
Here is a great and simple addition to the best Italian recipe list that any great Italian Food Lover will be able to use.
SuperNonna's Spaghetti-Sauce Rolls recipe
For the big and little kids, all age groups love them...
* Nonna's famous spaghetti bolognaise sauce, lot's of it (freeze the left overs!)
* 1 small bread roll per person or more if they are for the boys!
* Melted Butter to spread inside the rolls
* Mozzarella cheese, shredded or shaved
1) Take your Nonna's famous Spaghetti Bolognaise sauce recipe and make it up...better still get Nonni to make it for you!
2) Cut the rolls in half
3) Remove the soft, doughy bread so that there now is a hollow (you can make bread crumbs out of the inners or do what I do, roll the dough up into balls and eat the lot!)
3) Spread the melted butter around the inside the halved roll
4) Fill with Nonna's famous Spaghetti Bolognaise sauce
5) Top with Mozzarella cheese
6) Pop into an medium temp oven until heated through...you just may have to check out 1 or 2 yourself!
7) Serve up hot for your guests to enjoy.
You can fill the rolls with just about anything, perhaps Nonna has some more great fillings?
Hope you enjoy.
Marylyn(SuperNan or SuperNonna to my Italian friends)
PS: If you get the chance to visit Melbourne in Australia, check out my website for great places to visit and exciting things to do...
Maria's reply Thank you Nonna Marylyn for the recipe. I had a look at your site and really enjoyed it, Melbourne looks like a lovely city, a little far from Venice and the Veneto though. Still you never know I might get there one day!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Italian Recipe..
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site and Facebook page I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) with the search box below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
I promise you'll get the best deal on accommodation available and the income we receive from HotelsCombined helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly; that way we can share only those we genuinely love.
Ever experienced a summer in Italy? Well, we've a way that you can bring the sunshine and happiness of an Italian summer home with you.
Need a push to get going? Here are 12 Reasons to Move to Italy now and start living your life the dolce vita way.
City of bicycles, City of canals, City of medieval wonders. Padova is all of this and much more.
Padua Italy, known as Padova in Italian, has to be one of the loveliest of all Italian cities. There is so much to see and do here and it is a city that so many fall hopelessly in love with... I certa…
There is a hotel in Rome that is so very special, where breakfast is served under the orange trees with the fragrance of orange blossom infusing the air.