by Antonio Tramontina
Memories of Clarinda spending hours making enough risotto for a family of eight...
the smell in the house
the rich chicken flavor...
the special occasion that it took to get her to make it...
3 cups Chicken stock
1 Minced onions
2 tbsps Minced garlic
2 tbsps butter, unsalted
2 cups arborio or regular rice (This is a preference issue. The starch in the Arborio rice can be difficult to control)
Add whole cut chicken to stock pan.
Add carrots, celery, onion, chicken base
bring to boil stew for about 60 minutes
Drain broth and set aside, keeping it hot.
Sautee onions in butter until translucent
add garlic briefly...a few minutes
add rice and cook until it is coated with the mixture and has absorbed all the flavored butter
begin adding the chicken stock slowly...a cup at at time.
2 cups of rice should take approximately...3-4 cups of broth...depending how well cooked you prefer your rice.
Add broth until cooked to preference...remove from heat
Add freshly grated parmigiana and shreds of chicken remaining from stock
cover tightly and let rice absorb remainder of broth.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Italian Recipe..
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) via the link below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
You'll get the best deal available and the income I receive helps me to remain independent and to keep bringing you more of beautiful Italy.
Click to Begin
More Travel Tips:
- Book your tickets to museums and other attractions in advance on Tiqets.com
- Book your accommodation. Booking.com and Agoda both help you to book accommodation in advance and check availability on the days of your travels
- Book your excursions. Wherever you go, make the most of your time! Excursions with professional guides will help you do this - choose a location and the best option for yourself on Viator or Getyourguide
- Book your car. At least a month before is best. Use Discover Car Hire.
- Cash Back on Flights: Great deals & money back with WayAway
- Get Insured with TravelInsurance.com